When: October 25th, 2022, at 3:49 am PT
What: Solar eclipse in Scorpio
Takeaway: This first eclipse of the season activates a desire for emotional release. This is not a time to take on more or get entangled in the drama. Turn the lights down low. RSVP “maybe” or “no thank you.” Give yourself plenty of time to sort, sift, and rest.
Eclipse season is here
Bust out your sunglasses, clear your calendar, and prepare to brood and be awed — another eclipse season is upon us. Eclipses always come in twos or threes, and the first in this series is a solar eclipse in Scorpio on October 25th. (The second is a lunar eclipse in Taurus on November 8th, which we’ll cover in a future post.)
The two-week period spanning these events is known as eclipse season. It’s a time when our energy levels swing between feeling drained and buzzy. When the plot lines of our lives twist and turn. When we’re asked to bid farewell to any patterns, relationships, or situations that have outlived their “best by” date. At the same time, new people and opportunities appear out of thin air. Let’s just say spooky season is about to get weirder.
While eclipses can bring sudden events, what comes up may not surprise you because it continues the story you’ve been living for at least six months. The first Scorpio eclipse in this series occurred on May 15th/16th, 2022, so it could be helpful to look back at that time and see what was happening for you. There will be one more eclipse in Scorpio on May 5th, 2023, so this one, on October 25th, marks the halfway point.
What you need to know about this eclipse
The eclipse on October 25th is a solar eclipse, which means it occurs during a New Moon. During the eclipse, the Moon will pass between the Earth and the Sun, temporarily obscuring the Sun’s light.
Just as the Sun enjoys taking center stage in space, our egos enjoy being “the main character” in our lives. So when the Sun’s light is blotted out, our personas likewise lose a little shine. A period of low vitality, cracked confidence, or MIA authority figures (whether inner or outer) could also ensue. The purpose? To loosen our grip on who we think we are and what we think we know about life. It turns out that, although unsettling, not being the center of the universe forces us to refocus on what gives real meaning to our lives.
This eclipse is also happening near the South Node, in Scorpio, which is a point of release. That means the focus will be on allowing necessary endings to occur. It will be a time to let your system reset and protect your energy.
What this eclipse means for us
Scorpio is not a sign that’s satisfied with surface truths. It wants to revel in the mystery. It’s preoccupied with the depths. It’s looking for the blueprint, the core of the issue, and the deepest pulse.
So… this eclipse isn’t after a mere dusting of the cabinets. It’s a thorough overhaul of both the attic and the basement. Whatever unresolved fears, melancholies, or desires reveal themselves need to be acknowledged — then tenderly released. Pay attention and take note. The wise oracle of your feelings has much to tell you now.
How to work with eclipse season
In traditional astrology, eclipses are times to lay low and take it easy. Here are some tips to make this eclipse season as smooth as possible:
- We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: Maximize your rest. Powerful shifts are occurring internally — and sometimes externally as well. Give yourself ample time to integrate updates.
- Hydrate! Eclipses impact our entire system. Give your body what it needs to thrive on the most basic level.
- Weep if you need to. Write a list of what you want to release and rip it to pieces. Controlled periods of emoting will aid the clearing process, but don’t forget to laugh as well. Let it out but refuse to take yourself too seriously.
- While you’re sorting through your psyche, why not sort through your house as well? Recycle or give away old clothes, appliances, or knickknacks that feel like clutter. Deep-clean your home to reflect the cleanse happening inside you.
- Take a cleansing bath with your favorite salts and essential oils to soothe your system and assist the purification process.
- Spend time with the people in your life that help you feel renewed, replenished, and witnessed. Energy vampires, be gone!
- Find out how these eclipses will impact you specifically by checking your Scorpio and Taurus placements under the Me tab of the CHANI app or via our online birth chart tool.
- Listen to the Astrology of the Week Ahead podcast (available on all streaming platforms) for the weeks of October 24th and November 7th, as well as Your Reading under the This Week tab in the CHANI app. Then work through the emotions that these eclipses push to the surface by listening to the weekly guided meditations, trying out the release rituals, and answering your personalized journal prompts.
Looking for more intel? Read your daily horoscope:
Aries | Taurus | Gemini | Cancer | Leo | Virgo | Libra
Scorpio | Sagittarius | Capricorn | Aquarius | Pisces
Or download the CHANI app on IOS for daily horoscopes, meditations,
affirmations, intel on the current Moon phase and sign, and more.